Your wedding day is likely to be the most photographed day of your life. So your bridal makeup needs to feature high on your priority list. To help with your preps we asked Deepal Haria, Mumbai-based makeup artist, who specialises in bridal makeup Deepal Haria, Mumbai-based makeup artist to divulge wedding day prep secrets that that only a honed professional can dispense. So here's what she has to say:
1. Before starting with the makeup, rub some ice cubes on your face to reduce the puffiness and close the open pores. It creates a perfect canvas for the base makeup.
2. Skincare comes first and then the makeup. Make sure you are spending enough time on hydrating your face. Use a primer or facial oils if required, depending on your skin type.
3. If you are going heavy with the eyes, start with the eye makeup first. It helps in cleaning the mistakes and fallouts.
4. Stick to the right shade of foundation. You can make or break your look with it. A bride is going to be photographed and hence it’s imperative to check the color that matches her face and neck.
5. When layering the product, start light. Take more product only if required.
6. Plan your bridal look in advance, depending on different factors like the outfit, jewellery, hair, the season, the theme of decor.
7. One of the most underrated product is setting spray. "I like to use it before and after every step as it locks the product and makes it super long lasting," says Deepal.
8. When it comes to eyes, go lighter shades to darker. Make sure you are creating a nice base for any shimmer or pigments that you are using.
9. Check the undertones of each product, the bronzed, contour, blush and highlighter.
10. Use lenses if you want your eyes to appear bigger and it totally transforms the eye makeup.
Here's a shinier and smoother version of glass hair
The couple tied the knot in an intimate ceremony in 2020, amid the ongoing coronavirus pandemic.